Wednesday 5 January 2011

Monthly bag challenge


The past holidays I've been staying over at my aunt's house a few times. Now that de girls are getting bigger a simple diaperbag isn't big enough for all the stuff we need to take with us!
So I've been looking for a big yet stylish bag to replace the big but incredibly UNstylish shopperbag that is currently doubling as a grocerybag and a travelbag.

I think I've found the perfect bag: Amy Butler's Cosmo Bag from her book Style Stitches. And since I still had 20 euro's worth of bol.com gift certificates the book is now on its way!


Thrilled with the idea of making my first Amy Butler bag I did some googling and I found something to add to the fun.
JemJam is hosting a great monthly challenge using Style Stitches so I've decided to participate. I will try to make all the bags from the book in one year. That's one bag a month. Isn't that fun?



Cosmo is the first bag of the challenge so as soon as the book arrives I will be raiding my fabricstash. I think some of the heavy fabric form Ikea will be perfect for this bag.

Oh, and 4701? I know you are huffing and puffing right now. I now you don't like fabric laying around and a the sound of the sewing machine and all that. And I know you will do your best to keep the huffing and puffing to yourself. So I will do my best to keep the sewing within your working hours. Deal? ;)



5 comments:

  1. Cool!!!
    Maar dat betekend wel dat je dus hier iedere maand het nieuwe maaksel moet showen. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja, dat gaat nog de grootste challenge worden! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik help je wel herinneren, hoor. En misschien doe ik zelf ook inspiratie op, want ik heb nog leuke ikea-stofjes en ik trok vandaag de rits van m'n tas kapot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leuk!
    Een van de patronen uit het boek is ook gratis te bekijken:
    http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/september2010/StyleStitches.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  5. heej, die is leuk. Maar laat ik simpel beginnen, ik ben naai(masjien)sgewijs nooit uit het beginners stadium gekomen (ondanks 2 jaar les).
    Mijn eerste projectje wordt weer een rokje (of jokje zoals dochter zegt).
    Maar ik ben nu al nieuwsgierig naar jouw eerste tas, mooi model en tenminste een beetje groot.(sleep jij ook zo onmogelijk veel mee in een tas?)

    ReplyDelete