Tuesday 19 October 2010

me-time

After weeks of feverishly working on several custom orders (two wintercoats and a mei tai) I'm in desperate need of some me time. The girls room needs to be finished and laundry needs to be done but today I'm not going to worry about any of that.

I've done the groceries, drank coffee with a friend so our children could lose some energy together and I've even straightened out the livingroom.
Dinner is as prepared as possible, my eldest is watching some television and my youngest will go to bed for her nap soon.

In other words: time for me to get the sewingmachine and make something fun. No worries about what the customer might think of not-so-straight stitching or colors that I find super together but are generally considered mismatched.

Just me, my sewing machine, some fuchsia corduroy and the cutest brown cotton lining with tiny blue flowers that was hiding in my fabricstash.
Oh, and this great little book that my mom used to make clothing for me and my sister in the early eighties:



I'm thinking about this coverall, with a pixiehood and elastic at the wrists and ankles.
Does anyone have a idea for a fun applique?



No comments:

Post a Comment