Thursday 27 May 2010

Input needed

So, for the few people who are *not* sick of my constant blabber about the bakfiets I am not-so-patiently waiting for: I need your help.I'm so excited about this whole bakfiets-thing that it is almost sickening, but I just can't help it. I mean, it IS exciting. And stupid, because it is still not even sure when exactly we will be able to order. Could be this month, could be next month, could even be the month after that.

So, while I am sitting here behind my fourth oh so needed latte (the youngest duckling has been keeping us up all night with her coughing and constant nursing) I'm contemplating the different ways to personalize my bakfiets.

Painting would be the most straightforward way I guess, but I rather not do that since I'm not sure how it will affect the warranty. Not that there is any way that a lick of paint will effect the safety or something like that but you never know what a factory will use to get out of a claim.

Those huge stickers that are made especially for bakfietsen are a better option. But what to choose!

I like theses ones:
(Wrong shape, I know. Stickers for the type of bakfiets I'll be buying will be bigger and kinda squareish)

This one is also a possibility:

Doesn't that one make you all happy inside?

But then I thought.... why not get some self-adhesive foil and make my own design. And why not match it with my precious (ghehe) collection of old brabantia kitchenwear.
Wouldn't it be cool to drive around in one of these:
I guess this is the point where I'm loosing the few of you that were still reading, but for those that are still here: what would you do? Or what do you think I should do? Do you think self-adhesive foil will stay pretty in the direct sunlight and rain?



5 comments:

  1. ha ha ha, ik heb het verhaal uitgelezen en ik geef zelfs nog commentaar.
    Bakfietsen zijn cool! Ik zou gaan voor het brabantia-design (wij hadden vroeger een broodtrommel en voorraadbussen met hetzelfde motief). of dat folie goed blijft, no idea, gewoon proberen. Ik zie je al gaan met je dochters in het bakkie. Hoop echt dast je m snel kunt gaan bestellen.
    Nu moet eigenlijk ook nog iets gaan breien voor de bakfiets, op z'n minst een zadeldekje.
    groetjes,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik zie mezelf ook al gaan :D
    Een gebreid zadeldekje is een goed idee. Ik wil in ieder geval een kussentje vilten. je kan ze ook kant-en-klaar kopen maar dan zijn ze van zeil gemaakt.
    Daar krijg je volgens mij alleen maar zweetbillen van. Hadden jullie ook een auto met nepleren bekleding vroeger? Brrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohai dear, as always, go for what you create yourself. It's the best <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHAI!
    hmmm... misschien.... Maar ik ben nog steeds niet zeker van de houdbaarheid, dus ik dub nog even verder.
    Wanneer gaan we bestellen? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ja, dat klopt, hier komt een verdrongen jeugdtrauma naar boven van korte jurkjes en blote benen op dat nepleer dat hartstikke heet werd in de zomer.
    Ow er vraagt hier een kleine om haar bad(tiet en tuk) dus ik laat t hier bij.
    Wanneer gaan jullie m bestellen?

    ReplyDelete