Friday 12 June 2009

Doe maar

I hate Doe Maar. Their music.... their clothes... the way the allway remind me of the horror of the 80's... But I do love green and pink, so despite the fact that I will now look like I'm stuck in the era of shoulderpads, dynasty and powerdressing I *had* to do a green to pink gradation.

I used a natural Bebina for this one.


It came out of the dyebath looking like this:


There are some lines but not too many and as you can see they disappeared after resting a bit, fixing with soda ash, rinsing and spinning:




It looks like a bunch of leeks!

The pink dye looked too light in the tub but it turned out to bre pretty balanced with the soft green color.
I'm pretty satisfied! There are no lines visible, the gradation is smooth and even. I wish I had more natural wraps to dye, it is addictive!












There is still a blanco didy indio hemp in my cupboard. Waiting forever until I get inspired to dye it. I should sell it after dying though, there is no point in adding yet another wrap to my stash.
What do you think, would a raspberry chocolate gradation be nice?



Ah yes.... yes yes yes... that would be quite nice!

5 comments:

  1. If the taste is chocolate and raspberries, I'll buy the wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm hmmmmm hmmmm! heerlijke kleurtjes en o, die chocolaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Die doek ziet er zo zacht en knuffelig uit, die kleine erin trouwens ook.

    Persoonlijke vraag, woon jij in de plaats waar de vrije school 2 jaar geleden is afgebrand?
    De flats op de achtergrond van je foto lijken erg op de flats waar ik ook heb gewoond(lang geleden)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merci!

    Nee, wel in een vergelijkbare plaats niet zo heel ver daar van daan.
    Ik liep trouwens stage op die school ten tijde van de brand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah dan woon je toch in de buurt. Kids van een vriendin van mij zaten daar toen ook op school. En ik woon dus ook in die plaats.

    ReplyDelete