Thursday 2 April 2009

Sun



The ducklings, pardon me as I borrow the name OfficeMan gave them, got new necklaces. Amber is supposed to help with the pain of teething but even if that doesn't work (and in the case of the big duckling it is not really an issue anymore), I think they look absolutely stunning on little children.
And on big children, and grownups and old people and dogs and cats and on about everyone.
Amber is just reeaaalllyy pretty. It's distilled sunlight, that's what it is. It makes me feel all warm and happy and seeing my children wear it makes me even warmer and happier.

For those of you who are easily worried (hi Officeman!): the necklaces the ducklings wear are especially made for childrens. They break easily in case of an emergency and all the beads are seperated by individual knots so there will never be more than one stray bead in case the necklace breaks. It is also too tight for them to get their hands caught.

We had a blast just sitting in the first real rays of sunlight of this year, reading a book, making pictures and tickling the little duckling while she tried to nurse, laugh and roll at the same time.



2 comments: