Friday 12 November 2010

happy birthday gran!

See that cute little canvas tote bag?


This was in it:


A prepacked kit to make moda's "cherish nature" quilt. I was baffled by the way the kit looked. Not only did it came in a bag, it also contained labels (washing- and namelabels) to mark the finished quilt with AND more than plenty of all of the fabrics.
It was such a gift to open and even more of a gift to make!


You might notice that the fabrics are way outside my comfortzone when it comes to color and design. The reason for that is that this wil be a gift for my Gran and she is more into sober colors. This teal, brown and green design seemed a great cross between her taste and mine!

She also used to talk to me about birds when I was a little girl. I would sit on her lap and she would read to me from Rien Poortvliets book, the highlight of those occasions being counting the birds on the first page. Oh such sweet memories!


I just finished the top of the quilt. It had to be adapted a bit since the pattern is for twin sized quilt and I want it to be a cribsized lapquilt. This way Gran can use it while knitting on cold winter nights ánd I can use the rest of the fabric as a backing.

Off to sew the backing, see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment